Friday, 24 July 2015

July 20, 2015

Well, this week has been crazy busy!

This week we had a week of service basically. If it wasn´t filling up the baptismal font for a set of missionaries that don´t have a font in their area it was picking up bits and ends for people. I loved it though, it was a really fun busy week. 

We met with a lot of less active members this week to try to see where they´re at and see if we can help them want to come back to church. Also to see if they have family or friends living with them that want to hear about the gospel. We have not yet seen the fruits of this labour but I know we will soon!

This week we had a fun district meeting, our new district includes elders serving in a different area. It´s strange because there used to be 8 of us here in Leganés so we´d be our own district but since there are now only 6 of us they pulled in the elders from Parla. On of them is an Elder McMillan that is from... ROCKY MOUNTAIN HOUSE! Haha, that makes an official 4 Canadians in our district! It´s so great!

This week we had a big zone meeting to introduce us to President Pack! He is so amazing! I am so excited to work with him! He talked a lot about his own mission that he served in Chile and has very beautiful Spanish! His wife is great as well, she served a mission in Boston and is so much fun! I love her a ton!

We also had interviews with him, it was such a good time, I feel like I really know my new president now, I am so grateful to have a wonderful inspired leader.

This Saturday we had a ward activity! It was to raise money for the youth so that they can go to EFY. They had food, people doing manicures and cutting hair and a car wash. I was very impressed and the activity was a great success. 

Today we celebrated Hermana Vilariño´s birthday with her by having a huge water fight. It was a ton of fun. I´m grateful I got to see her even though she got transferred to another part of Madrid.

I am so grateful to be in Leganés with Hermana Hillman. The mission is so great, I am grateful to have the opportunity to get to know my Savior more every day.

Love
Hermana West

No comments:

Post a Comment