Thursday, 16 October 2014

This week has been a Little crazy, all the native Russian speakers are now in the field and all the native Spanish speakers are here in the CCM now! It’s fun because I can practice my Spanish but hard because I realize how not great my Spanish is… It’s crazy to think I’ll be going out in the field on October 28th because my Spanish is nowhere near where I’d like it to be. But I am so excited! I really love the temple here and that we’ve been able to go every week on Pday. Last pday we went to the Prado museum. We saw some great and really famous art… that I know nothing about. My companion is an art administration major though… I learned a lot. Today we’re going shopping. That’ll be cool to experience Madrid!
This week has been particularly hard on everyone here. We’re all kind of in a stale mate of I love the MTC but I want to be helping real people. It’s been good to see us all come together to help one another though. My fake investigators are good. Isabel is learning a lot and bringing her family to a lesson with us! And Jose is having Family home evening with his family next week. I can’t wait to get into the field so I can experience Madrid and learn! But I do love all the missionaries here.
One crazy thing that happened this week is one of the girls that came in and thought she was a native Spanish speaker… does not speak Spanish nor English… she speaks FRENCH! 4 of us missionaries can sort of speak French and one of the secretaries can as well. It’s been a struggle for us missionaries, her companion especially and the teachers to try to teach her. She’s got a great heart though, hopeful she can pick up the language alright.
Love you
Hermana West
So a pic of one of the Russian sisters I love! Us pointing to where we’re from because this was such a chance encounter!

Also my teacher Hermana Ganaza… aka my mom’s Spanish twin! She reminds me so much of my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment