Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Aug. 11, 2015

Well, this Wednesday August 12th will mark one year of me being a missionary.... honestly where does the time go?

I like to look back now at where I was a year ago. I could not speak nor understand a word of Spanish, I really was not a patient person and I did not have a good relationship with Jesus Christ because I didn´t really understand all that he has done for me. 

In this year I have learned all these things and so much more! I am so grateful I have six more months to be a missionary! It´s a great thing to be! I love it and wouldn´t change it for anything. 

This week we got to visit with Liz! It was fun and I´m so glad she´s hear... BUT she didn´t get things figured out with her Visa to go to Australia so she´s going back to Holland! She leaves on Thursday but I´m glad I got to see her before she goes back. 

This week we also got to go to the temple! It was a great trip, emotional because it was Hermana Hillman´s last time but it was a wonderful time to feel the spirit and enjoy our time there. 

We also had a really cool district meeting this week! Basically what happened is our district leader asked us to look up scriptures about love and talk about how we need to love in regards to missionary work. I shared Moroni 7:48" 48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father withall the energy of heart, thaye may be filled with this love, whichhe hath bestowed upoall who are true followers of his Son,Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when heshall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is;that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen"

I love it because we don´t just have this perfect love Christ has for us but we really need to ask for it and work for it! When we work out of love for the people here in Spain we have more success and are happier, I know that´s true.

I love this work and I am grateful to be a part of it.

Hermana West


ME!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment