Monday, 8 December 2014

Well this week has been awesome! 

Loida our investigator was baptized last Saturday!!! It was really great to be a part of that. She´s so great and staying off cigarettes won´t be easy but it is definitely possible. This whole week my companion and I were concerned because she literally just stopped a month ago. BUT she really wanted to get baptized on her birthday (Dec 7th) and there was a really powerful lesson had with her and a member who had previously smoked. Just goes to show that motivation needs to come from the inside and members are key! Us missionaries need members who have gone through similar things as our investigators. Honestly it´s just a miracle, she´s been smoking for 45 years!!!! It´s great. She´s so happy. Also I had to give the talk on the Espíritu Santo (Holy ghost) it was pretty good but not perfect.

This week we´ve been working with our investigators and have trying to get better at Guagua (bus) contacting. Because we need to split up so we don´t intimidate people. It´s been a struggle because I can´t understand perfectly but it´s been good. I´ve met a lot of really great patient people. I love it. 

So about my ward, my bishop is great, he served in Ireland and has a young family but he is a solid member of the church,  our ward missionary is Canarian through and true and just got home from his mission 6 months ago. His name is Fran, we just shot a big interview type thing with him for Canary tv... so basically I´m famous. Haha not really but it was kinda cool. We have some amazing members here. One of my favourite families are L and M and P. L is 12 and M is her grandmother and P her uncle. P is inactive but L&M come very often and to all the activities. The are from Bolivia and I love them so much! There´s also a wonderful lady from Honduras we eat with almost every Thursday. She´s so great, I just love her so much! Then there´s the Young Women! They are so strong.. I just love them. 

Basically just a lot of love when it comes to the ward here in Las Palmas.

It´s been a freezing 18C here, honestly it is SO cold to these people.... hahah so funny. Also my companion and I bought matching Christmas pajamas basically we´re set for Christmas.

Hope you´re not freezing to death!

Love Hermana West


The city of Terror, one of the most beautiful places I've ever been!
 Me on the beach!
 Sis. Trone and me with Loida!




No comments:

Post a Comment