Monday, 29 December 2014

We had a really awesome Christmas here on the Canary islands. We stayed at the Larsen´s house (the missionary couple here) on Christmas eve. that night we read the "Forgotten Carols" It is the cutest most amazing Christmas story ever! You have to look it up! that night we had a fireside and... oh man Hermana Larsen is the greatest. So there´s 10 missionaries on this island, she emailed all of our mothers and asked for our favorite Christmas treat and she Made ALL 10! crazy right! I mean 3 of us said orange/cinnamon rolls but I mean she is wonder woman! Then the next morning we had breakfast and then a gift exchange. Then we helped her cook a huge Christmas dinner and then ate it and then Skyped my family. It was crazy and I loved it. 

My investigator is at only 3 cigarillos a day, so we almost have his addiction taken care of, that´s really good. 
Our investigator that´s a friend of a member is doing super well! She´s all set to get baptized the 10th! I love her so much it´s crazy and what´s really cool is I´ll probably be  able to go  through the temple with her next year! I´m only super stoked for that!
Our investigator from Cabo Verde is really good, she has a lot of questions but she really wants to know. She has a lot of friends missions so that is so  cool and helps her a lot I´m sure.

This week we´ve been trying to contact a lot, it´s great because people are way more open at Christmas... well for the most part, some people just want to run around and say that I´m interrupting their shopping... we´ve met some really cool people so that´s awesome! 

Also random note... there is a random fad going on here that I do not approve of... people, fanny packs are coming back to the Canary islands! Is that true about other places?!?!?!?!?!? The majority of people don´t wear it the proper way either... they wear it as what I like to call a "pec pack" like a shoulder bag and it just chills on their chest... it´s weird and we counted 50 in one week! It´s so crazy! Is this a thing in Canada? I´m really concerned for the fashion choices of you all...

So in Spain the New years tradition is to eat 12 grapes in 12 seconds... and by eat I mean at least get them into your mouth so that´s our plan i guess. Also we have a medio dia  (big meal from 2-4) appointment so that´ll be good. Also kids are setting off firecrackers CONSTANTLY! It scares the living daylights out of me... but apparently it´s totally normal so let them have fun with their traditions!

Also note for all of you that don´t write me... it is my birthday this Saturday. The one day of the year i DO expect you to write me... I´m turning 20. What wait... oh ya definitely 20. I can´t really believe it but oh well here´s to another 20. It´s only 1 of 2 birthdays I´ll have  as a missionary too. Oh man that´s weird.

I love and miss you all! 
Hermana Charissa West
Spain Madrid Mission
Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2, Office 8B
28703 San Sebastian de los Reyes
Madrid
Spain

A Nativity built in the sand!!!

 Making tomales, we are washing grape leaves!



No comments:

Post a Comment