Monday, 14 September 2015

Sept. 7, 2015

Alright,

I apologize for not writing much the last couple of weeks, they have been kind of slow but I will write quite a bit now to make up for it. 

This week was an exciting week mostly because there were no festivals!!! It´s amazing how much more productive a week is when people aren´t constantly thinking about their parties! 

We had a great family home evening with a family from the ward. They have a six year old and a nine month old. It was fun to get to know them better and bring the spirit. One of my favourite parts about being a missionary is meeting faithful members in another part of the world.

Tuesday was a day of failed lessons... oh man, I just don´´t like it when people lie right to my face!!! It drives me crazy when people say yes I´ll meet you here at this time that day and then don´t answer my phone calls and don't show up! Oh well, that is my life.

We had a great zone conference this week! I think there are very few places where I have felt the spirit as strong as I have felt it at zone conferences. This week they talked a lot about working with the spirit and members. As missionaries we have numbers that we use to help us make goals. Sometimes being a missionary you can get caught up in the number game and forget your real purpose. I was blessed during this conference to feel at peace with the fact that even though my numbers haven´t been good recently I am doing the work the Lord requires of me. 

Hermana Pack gave a great talk about how we need to be full purpose missionaries, involving ourselves in all parts of the work of salvation. 

A quote I really enjoyed was "Missionaries are NOT marketers, they are builders of wards and branches." How true, really our message when people want to hear it sells itself, we are not here to put glitter on it and make it more appealing, our message is what it is, God and Jesus Christ love us so much that they have given us prophets and scriptures so that we can learn about the atonement of Jesus Christ and live with God again. 

During the conference we were also able to watch "Meet the Mormons."  That was a fun treat as I haven´´t seen a movie like that in a VERY long time! I really liked how it showed how the gospel helps normal people with normal problems, that gospel is for everyone.

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. That I can repent because of what he did. I mess up a lot but I know that I can be forgiven of my sins. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week back at school! 

Love Hermana West

Last pday we went to lunch with the other Hermanas, they´´re sso great. Brazilian buffet. Such good food!




No comments:

Post a Comment